B'rith Sholem Synagogue, founded in 1865, was Buffalo's third congregation, after Temple Beth El and Temple Beth Zion.  The shul was, at the time of its founding, a Lithuanian Orthodox congregation.  The congregation moved from Elm Street to the above building on Pine Street in William in 1893.  The Pine Street Shul was used until 1958, and has since been torn down.